Freitag, 2. September 2011

So tell me Evans, what is your shape?

I alway get exited when I see new autumn stuff arrives at the stores. As I told you some posts ago I am a big fan of the third season, a fan of layering, of scarfs and of boots. So when I checked my e-mails today I saw the new Evans Autumn Catalogue was online. I didn't expected much, cause Evans kind of let me down  in every season this year. After looking through it I can only say that this catalogues is just another proof on which target group Evans wants to appeal to. And I am definitely not included. 
There was only one tiny section that made a little big excited and gave a few seconds of thinking about buying something or not: the boots. There is a gorgeous pictures of 4 different boots and the burgundy once just blew my mind. But when I clicked on them to see them in the shop, it was quite a disappointment, on that pictured they are not nearly are strongly colored nor have that lovely contrast between a bright and a almost black burgundy color. 





There are two other black leather boots I like and I would give all of the tree a try if evans finally invents free returns from Germany. But for the moment I will be looking somewhere else for some really nice autumn boots. 




The main theme of the catalogue is Evans new "What is your shape"-thing. There is also now a calculater on the webside, so you can find you shape (apple, hourglas, pear or busty) and then look for the "right" clothes for you bodyshape. But neither do I see a difference in how the 4 models in the catalogue are shaped, they pretty much look the same, nor do their outfits look appealing to my in any way. The worst page is there special check shirts offer.





I am a fan of check shirts all the way, but this looks like the "check shirts of horror"! Did you forget when we are Evans? T-Shirts tucked into their jeans and an open check shirt above? There are like a million other and better ways to wear a shirt like this! This looks like a picture from the Otto Catalogue from 1992.


It is pretty disappointing to see where Evans is going. It was the first ever plus size shop I ordered at, they have been the first shop that made me feel like I am worth buying pretty dresses and awesome stuff, but over the past two years they changed from a shop that was able to become a fashion foward plus size shop to just another plus size store that gives us all the things we know and are tired of for so many years.


Deutsch wird noch nachgereicht. 

Kommentare :

  1. Kann ich genau so unterschreiben! Ich bin auch ein bisschen enttäuscht von Evans :(

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You're right, those boots look nothing like the ones in the catalogue! Very dissappointing.

    I will take a look at the size calculator, it sounds interesting, although I don't really stick to dressing for my shape. I dress in my style, so I'm not suddenly going to stop wearing what I like just because it suits my shape!

    Ps so right about the check shirts. It DOES look very 90s!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. "This looks like a picture from the Otto Catalogue from 1992."
    Indeed! -_-
    Ja irgendwie schade, ich kenn Evans jetzt noch nicht soo lang, merke aber immer wieder, wenn ich rein schaue, dass es immer schlimmer wird. :D

    Liebe Grüße,
    Jennifer

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Never made a purchase in Evans cuz i didn't like the clothes and in the store is the same plus I think it's a bit overprice. I love buying in New Look and i do recommend you if you haven't, they have nice clothes, good prices and sales! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh! and I forgot saying that last year i bought some boots from New Look and turned to be so good quality, so check it out(and the colors are the same as in real life).

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I agree with you, Evans isn't the same. I think the shop was more special than now, I don't know how explain it... now is so dull and boring, I mean, before was a funny shop with tons of cool clothes but now...
    I prefer New Look or Asos or Forever 21+ and combinate all these shops (incluyed Evans) for try to find cool clothes. Isn't easy but, why we can do?
    Have you try to buy in Style 369? I think is the same company (evans, style 369 and Dorothy Perkins) but sometimes they've cool dresses.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wenn man den neuen Evans Katalog mit dem von Happy Size vergleicht dürfte nicht mehr so viel Unterschied sein, das ist schon traurig! Naja obwohl die Sachen nicht schlimmer geschnitten sein können als bei Happy Size... Aber es ist schon schade, dass sie immer langweiliger werden. Ich hab auch schon lange nichts mehr da gefunden, außer Jeans/Strumpfhosen. Das letzte tolle waren die Ruby Rocks Kleider.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Kein Problem! Du hast recht...manchmal lern man aus dem Scheitern mehr als aus einem Sieg...ich muss mich mal anstrengen nicht alles so negativ zu sehen.^^

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Geht mir genauso, Evans hat innerhalb der letzten anderthalb Jahre massiv nachgelassen- die Muster, die Schnitte- alles total tantenhaft, richtet sich wohl an Frauen über 50. Das einzige, was ich da noch bestelle, sind Stiefel, weil die eben weitere haben. Aber ärgerlich, wenn man sie doch zurückschicken muss aus Deutschland- die könnten echt mal was daran ändern!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Allgemein Schuhe finde ich da noch ganz okay, vor allen Dingen wegen der EEE (x wide) Schuhe, bei meinen breiten Füße sind die ziemlich gut :D

    AntwortenLöschen